“Operation of a snowmobile on a federated trail is strictly forbidden unless the operator has a prescribed trail permit.” (FCMQ By-Laws, article 11)
Permit prices for the 2022-2023
Trail permit types and prices
The price of a trail permit includes the cost of the liability insurance, defined as mandatory under article 19 of the Act respecting off-highway vehicles, as well as all applicable taxes.
- $ 405 for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2022
- $ 490 for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2022
- $ 800 for an annual trail permit sold in trail*
- $ 325 for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2003 and older)
- $ 260 for a 7-day trail permit
- $ 170 for a 3-day trail permit
- $ 85 for a 1-day trail permit
- $ 610 for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile
- $ 40 for a replacement trail permit
*Purchase your trail permit before hitting the trails!
Extra charges are payable when the annual trail permit is purchased on trails. Note that permits issued for antique sleds, as well as daily or weekly permits, cannot be purchased on trails.
The trail permit is non-refundable*
The trail permit is personal. It is non-transferable and non-refundable*. It is an offense to operate a snowmobile on an approved trail without having paid the prescribed trail permit fee according to the terms and conditions determined by the Board of Directors.
*Only the $1,000,000 liability insurance portion may be subject to a refund.